 |
| Trafalgar Square |
Joe and I said goodbye to Pete and Sandy in Rome and had a layover in London before heading back to Chengdu. We took a 3 hour bus tour early in the morning around the City of London seeing as many sights as we could possible see before our plane left late in the afternoon. I got to see the Tower of London, Westminster Abby, St. Paul's Cathedral, Big Ben, Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, the Tower Bridge, Parliament. I didn't get to see the front of Buckingham Palace. The tour buses are not allowed to go in front of it. We just drove by the side of it. Oh well, I'll have to leave that to another trip. It was the quickest history lesson and sightseeing tour of a city I have ever taken. I only hope I will one day get back to London to spend a few days getting to see everything up close and personal. I have read many historical novels about London and the royals and would love to see the places I've read about.
 |
| Big Ben |
 |
| Tower of London |
 |
| Westminster Abbey |
Our trip to Europe with Pete and Sandy was fast and fun and full of memories to last a lifetime.
Love to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment