I have been reading blogs over the past few days about being thankful (I too am guilty of reading everyone’s blogs - my lifelines to home and the people I know). At this time of year it’s easy to get into this frame of mind with the approaching holidays and the ending of another year. It also doesn’t help that I’m half way across the world and apart from the ones that mean the most to me.
I have many things to be thankful for this year. Most important of all is my family. As I look back over the last few years of our lives I find that the many changes and events in my family have also given me many things to be thankful for. Our faith, love and trust have been tested by these changes and events. Not all were expected or necessarily easy to accept but in the long run they have truly made my love and respect for my family grow.
We have welcomed a beautiful grandson into our family. Talon may have been an unexpected surprise but he is truly one of the greatest things to come in to our family. He has wonderful, loving parents in Paul and Candice. I know they both have Talon’s best interests at heart and I have the faith that the decisions they make are what will be best for both them and Talon. I have great pride in the man and father Paul has become. I love Candice like a daughter and for the most part treat her like one too. I can’t imagine our world without Talon and can’t wait for him to have lots of cousins to share in all the love our family has to offer.
We have welcomed a wonderful son in law into our family. I can’t really even call Doug a son in law since I truly think of him as one of my own. We have seen Kelli and Doug married and move off to New York and away from the family fold. This year saw their return home to the ones that love them most. Kelli has turned into the most amazing young woman and no mother could be more proud.
We have watched Jay, our baby, graduate from college, get a job and make plans for getting married next year to Ashley. We welcome Ashley into our family in the same way we did Doug. She just feels like one of us. I know she will make a great partner for Jay and will be a caring, compassionate nurse. Jay has become a caring young man and I know he will be a great husband and father.
I am thankful for my parents who have their health and are still here to be a part of our lives. It wasn’t until I was half way across the world that I truly realized what they mean to both Joe and me. No words can express my love for them and the support they have given over the years. It wasn’t always easy.
I am thankful for extended family and friends that we most certainly consider family. We are blessed to have loving people surrounding us.
Most of all I am thankful for my wonderful, loving husband, partner, best friend Joe. He is the one person I love and trust most in this world. We have been together since 1974 and married since 1979. We have raised three wonderful children who have turned into three wonderful, responsible adults. I am thankful that we must certainly be doing something right. We are truly one when it comes to how we feel about things that are most important to us. It is with this faith, love and trust that we are able to live away from our loved ones. And yes, I am thankful for this wonderful opportunity Joe and I have to live in this amazing country. I cannot imagine having this adventure with anyone else. It has truly made us closer to each other. I also cannot imagine having made this move without the love and support that family has given.
Love and families come in all sizes, shapes and colors. One size definitely does not fit all so don’t be so quick to compare or judge others. Our family has a strong faith, a strong sense of respect and responsibility and a great capacity for unconditional love, acceptance and forgiveness, all of which have been tested sorely these past few years. Each one loves and cares in their own unique way, which is what makes us strong together. We may not be the most conventional family around to some and it may not always be easy but rest assured that we love no less for it.
At this Thanksgiving season take the time to thank the Lord for all of your blessings. Tell your family how much you love them and how much they mean to you. Remember that unconditional love, acceptance, forgiveness, and faith are what matter the most.
Love you and God Bless you all. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
I have many things to be thankful for this year. Most important of all is my family. As I look back over the last few years of our lives I find that the many changes and events in my family have also given me many things to be thankful for. Our faith, love and trust have been tested by these changes and events. Not all were expected or necessarily easy to accept but in the long run they have truly made my love and respect for my family grow.
We have welcomed a beautiful grandson into our family. Talon may have been an unexpected surprise but he is truly one of the greatest things to come in to our family. He has wonderful, loving parents in Paul and Candice. I know they both have Talon’s best interests at heart and I have the faith that the decisions they make are what will be best for both them and Talon. I have great pride in the man and father Paul has become. I love Candice like a daughter and for the most part treat her like one too. I can’t imagine our world without Talon and can’t wait for him to have lots of cousins to share in all the love our family has to offer.
We have welcomed a wonderful son in law into our family. I can’t really even call Doug a son in law since I truly think of him as one of my own. We have seen Kelli and Doug married and move off to New York and away from the family fold. This year saw their return home to the ones that love them most. Kelli has turned into the most amazing young woman and no mother could be more proud.
We have watched Jay, our baby, graduate from college, get a job and make plans for getting married next year to Ashley. We welcome Ashley into our family in the same way we did Doug. She just feels like one of us. I know she will make a great partner for Jay and will be a caring, compassionate nurse. Jay has become a caring young man and I know he will be a great husband and father.
I am thankful for my parents who have their health and are still here to be a part of our lives. It wasn’t until I was half way across the world that I truly realized what they mean to both Joe and me. No words can express my love for them and the support they have given over the years. It wasn’t always easy.
I am thankful for extended family and friends that we most certainly consider family. We are blessed to have loving people surrounding us.
Most of all I am thankful for my wonderful, loving husband, partner, best friend Joe. He is the one person I love and trust most in this world. We have been together since 1974 and married since 1979. We have raised three wonderful children who have turned into three wonderful, responsible adults. I am thankful that we must certainly be doing something right. We are truly one when it comes to how we feel about things that are most important to us. It is with this faith, love and trust that we are able to live away from our loved ones. And yes, I am thankful for this wonderful opportunity Joe and I have to live in this amazing country. I cannot imagine having this adventure with anyone else. It has truly made us closer to each other. I also cannot imagine having made this move without the love and support that family has given.
Love and families come in all sizes, shapes and colors. One size definitely does not fit all so don’t be so quick to compare or judge others. Our family has a strong faith, a strong sense of respect and responsibility and a great capacity for unconditional love, acceptance and forgiveness, all of which have been tested sorely these past few years. Each one loves and cares in their own unique way, which is what makes us strong together. We may not be the most conventional family around to some and it may not always be easy but rest assured that we love no less for it.
At this Thanksgiving season take the time to thank the Lord for all of your blessings. Tell your family how much you love them and how much they mean to you. Remember that unconditional love, acceptance, forgiveness, and faith are what matter the most.
Love you and God Bless you all. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
2 comments:
What a great blog!!! You always have the right words. I love you, Mom!!!
Love you Mama! I'm so glad that I am marrying into this family! It is truly a blessing for both Jay and me to have wonderful, loving families on both sides of us!
Post a Comment