Saturday was a good day! Joe has become acquainted with Jon who has a mutual love for golf. I got the opportunity to meet Jon and his wife, Katie, at the Marine Ball. They are a wonderful couple and I enjoy their company. It also turns out that our driver, Tom, was their driver when they first came to Chengdu. Our world continues to become very small!
On Saturday, it was a beautiful day here and Joe and Jon played golf. I met Katie and their daughter for lunch. Katie took me to a wonderful little bakery that also serves a great western menu. You can buy pastries and goodies here, as well as their own cake, cookie and bread mixes to make on your own. I had a great time getting to know Katie better. It was good to have someone to ask questions about where to get things here in Chengdu, since she has spent the last year and half doing the same thing! She also gave me information on the non-denominational church we had heard about here in Chengdu. I'm anxious to try it out.
On Saturday night Joe and I went to dinner with Jon and Katie to a great little Japanese restaurant that they recommended. The food and atmosphere were so enjoyable, we'll definitely be back. It was so nice to sit down to dinner and have good dinner conversation with people we felt so comfortable with.
I'm looking forward to Katie showing me the Chengdu she has discovered and broadening my knowledge of the city and all it has to offer.
Love to all!
On Saturday, it was a beautiful day here and Joe and Jon played golf. I met Katie and their daughter for lunch. Katie took me to a wonderful little bakery that also serves a great western menu. You can buy pastries and goodies here, as well as their own cake, cookie and bread mixes to make on your own. I had a great time getting to know Katie better. It was good to have someone to ask questions about where to get things here in Chengdu, since she has spent the last year and half doing the same thing! She also gave me information on the non-denominational church we had heard about here in Chengdu. I'm anxious to try it out.
On Saturday night Joe and I went to dinner with Jon and Katie to a great little Japanese restaurant that they recommended. The food and atmosphere were so enjoyable, we'll definitely be back. It was so nice to sit down to dinner and have good dinner conversation with people we felt so comfortable with.
I'm looking forward to Katie showing me the Chengdu she has discovered and broadening my knowledge of the city and all it has to offer.
Love to all!
1 comment:
It makes me smile when I hear you talk about new friends... but I miss you!
Post a Comment