This morning we said good bye to Kelli and Doug at the airport in Beijing. They headed back to the US and we headed back to Chengdu. It has been a most memorable time and I thank the Lord for the opportunities we have had this past week. Kelli and I always have a difficult time saying good bye when we are leaving each other for an extended time and today was no different. The tears seem to be getting fewer though! It's just hard for us to hide our emotions during these good byes. There is comfort in knowing that we will see each other again very soon!
I'm sure Kelli and Doug will feel the pain of returning to normal life in the next few days, but right now I find myself reflecting back on our short time together as I'm sure they are too. No words can express the feeling of having someone from home come to see how our life is here in China. Hopefully they will take away a feeling of relief that Joe and I are in God's hands and will be OK living half way across the world. We are happy here and are glad for the opportunity to share this time in our lives with others.
We have been blessed with wonderful weather this whole week. That's not always the case here in Chengdu and I knew we would take our chances also in Beijing and Xi'an. We were able to see as much as we possibly could every day and have taken away some wonderful memories. I just can't wait to be able to share some of these same places and memories with the rest of the family in the coming years we are here. Here's a short list of what we have seen this past week:
Chengdu - Dujiang Dam, Chengdu Panda Research and Breeding Base, Wuhou Temple, Ancient Jinli Street and Leshan Giant Buddha.
Xi'an - Terra Cotta Army Museum and Hanyang Tomb Museum.
Beijing - Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden Palace, National Theatre, Bird's Nest Stadium, Summer Palace, and Pearl and Silk Markets.
Kelli has been giving accounts of their time here so I won't bore you with repeats. I will say that we were extremely lucky to have new Chinese friends that went out of their way giving of their time and hospitality to see that Kelli's and Doug's experiences were unforgettable. Not only will they take away the sights and history of this amazing country, but will also remember some of the wonderful people they were able to meet.

Dinner at Sichuan Restaurant with our driver, Tom

The Great Wall - Beijing

The Great Wall - Beijing
Real "American" Thanksgiving Dinner at Peter's Tex Mex in Beijing
Summer Palace - Beijing
Love to all, miss you and see you soon!
I'm sure Kelli and Doug will feel the pain of returning to normal life in the next few days, but right now I find myself reflecting back on our short time together as I'm sure they are too. No words can express the feeling of having someone from home come to see how our life is here in China. Hopefully they will take away a feeling of relief that Joe and I are in God's hands and will be OK living half way across the world. We are happy here and are glad for the opportunity to share this time in our lives with others.
We have been blessed with wonderful weather this whole week. That's not always the case here in Chengdu and I knew we would take our chances also in Beijing and Xi'an. We were able to see as much as we possibly could every day and have taken away some wonderful memories. I just can't wait to be able to share some of these same places and memories with the rest of the family in the coming years we are here. Here's a short list of what we have seen this past week:
Chengdu - Dujiang Dam, Chengdu Panda Research and Breeding Base, Wuhou Temple, Ancient Jinli Street and Leshan Giant Buddha.
Xi'an - Terra Cotta Army Museum and Hanyang Tomb Museum.
Beijing - Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden Palace, National Theatre, Bird's Nest Stadium, Summer Palace, and Pearl and Silk Markets.
Dinner at Sichuan Restaurant with our driver, Tom
The Great Wall - Beijing
The Great Wall - Beijing
Real "American" Thanksgiving Dinner at Peter's Tex Mex in Beijing
Summer Palace - Beijing
Love to all, miss you and see you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment