Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday Night Date Night

Friday Night Date Night is alive and well in Chengdu!

For several years now, Joe and I have had Friday Night Date Night. This started when the kids were getting older and going out on their own on Fridays. This time became our time to go out to dinner, unwind from the week and have a little "together" time. As time went on, the kids and their dates would sometimes join us for Friday Night Date Night, especially when they figured out that Papa Joe was paying. With Joe traveling so much the past two years, this time became more and more special for me.

I'm happy to say our tradition continues on here in Chengdu. I usually go in to Joe's office on Friday evenings at quitting time and we go out for our date night. Tonight wasn't any different. I met him at his office and we went to Peter's Tex Mex (one of our favorites-great Margaritas). We also went to our first movie in Chengdu.

We found out from friends that there is a movie theatre that shows new movies in English. We couldn't have been more thrilled. We saw the new James Bond movie. I think we were the only "westerners" in the theatre but it didn't matter. It was nice to go to a movie for a change. Something I hadn't done in over six months and for Joe it had been longer. I have to say we didn't like the movie (Bond movies just aren't the same anymore) but I did enjoy the experience.
It is definitely something we will do again.

Next Friday night Joe and I will be welcoming Kelli and Doug to China! The following Friday we will be have our Friday Night Date Night in Beijing with Kelli and Doug. Life is great!

Love to all!

1 comment:

Doug and Kelli said...

I love that we're going out for Friday Night Date Night...
Just think, we may be able to have 3 date nights while ya'll are home! Where shall we go!?!