Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's Been a Long Week

I think I am coming to the end of the longest week I've experienced in a very long time. It all began on Sunday when I put Joe on a plane. He had business in several cities for the week which left me at home "alone" for the first time since I have come to Chengdu. On top of that, I have spent the entire week anxiously waiting on the arrival of Kelli and Doug, our first China visitors!

For the most part I have spent the week getting our new home ready to receive visitors; cleaning, shopping, etc. On Wednesday I actually did go to the women's club monthly luncheon. It was nice to see some of the new friends I've met since moving here. The rest of the time was spent biding my time until Joe and our guests arrive on Friday evening.

Finally today, after running some errands, I ended up at one of my favorite places, Peter's Tex Mex for a much needed margarita. It was nice to sit, read a good book and enjoy a great drink. I ended up eating dinner as well. This is another first since moving; my first dinner out alone. Not so bad if you have a great margarita or two! I know Joe will be traveling much more as our time goes by here so I hopefully got a good head start on spending alone time without him. Boy, I can't wait for Friday when my best friend gets home! Enough alone time already.

The next nine days will be filled with the sights and sounds of Chengdu, Xian and Beijing and everything in between as we attempt to show Kelli and Doug a brief look at China! We've even got Thanksgiving dinner plans in Beijing!

Have a great holiday! Love to all.

Pictures of the new house -

The front of the house and the living room

The kitchen, den and back patio with fish pond

Master bedroom and guest bedroom

3 comments:

Lindsey Stewart said...

What a great place!! Totally not what I pictured :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you posted pictures!!! I love your place, it is beautiful! Sounds like you are adjusting to your new environment just fine! You are so brave! Miss you!
Leigh Ann

Sarah said...

I'm so impressed that you branched out alone in a foreign country! I have NEVER eaten a meal out alone. Maybe you'll inspire me to go to a solo dinner. Hmm... a meal by myself without an antsy 3 year old and a fussy infant. Sign me up!
Love your place! You've done a great job decorating it. Hope it is feeling more like "home." Just don't get too used to it - we want you to come back one day!