I had a great first trip “home” from Sept. 19-29. It was good to see the kids, Talon, my parents and other loved ones and friends. Kelli and I had a chance to catch up on some much needed mother/daughter shopping time and I was able to eat some of my favorite foods. I also had a great day of shopping and lunch with my Mom. I haven’t shopped that much with her in a very long time. Thank heaven for knee and hip replacements! They work miracles.
For someone who has spent all of her life living no more than 20 miles from where she was born, it was quite strange coming back after being away for two months. What was even stranger was that I was the “visitor” this time. I now realize how Kelli and Doug felt each time they came home from NYC. Too much to do, too many to see in such a very short time. The week flew by and before I knew it, it was time to go home to Joe who missed me very much it turned out.
The kids are doing a good job watching over the house and the dogs. Jay is getting a good lessen in managing a home and will be ready to go when he and Ashley get married next year. He actually told me he didn’t realize all that I did around the house and how much he appreciated everything. Paul, Candice and Kelli seem to have settled into the new school year and are happy so far with the way things are going. Kelli and Doug’s new apartment is great and they are very happy with the area. They hope to find a house in the same general area someday. Life does go on without mom and dad after all.
I was a
ble to spend time with Talon and watch him celebrate his third birthday. We went to Chuck E Cheeses on Tuesday (his actual birthday) and he had a wonderful time eating pizza and playing the games. He has grown so much
since I last saw him in July. He is becoming so independent and is so much fun to be around. On Saturday, he had a birthday party for family and friends. He loved his birthday cake and actually great interest in the things he got for his birthday this year.

Friday night I went to Dave and Busters with the kids, Pete, Sandy, Scott and Pam. We had a great time eating and playing the games, winning tickets for Paul and Candice to get prizes for Talon. It was nice to have all the kids together, the only thing missing was, of course, Joe. We’ll do it again at Christmas!For someone who has spent all of her life living no more than 20 miles from where she was born, it was quite strange coming back after being away for two months. What was even stranger was that I was the “visitor” this time. I now realize how Kelli and Doug felt each time they came home from NYC. Too much to do, too many to see in such a very short time. The week flew by and before I knew it, it was time to go home to Joe who missed me very much it turned out.
The kids are doing a good job watching over the house and the dogs. Jay is getting a good lessen in managing a home and will be ready to go when he and Ashley get married next year. He actually told me he didn’t realize all that I did around the house and how much he appreciated everything. Paul, Candice and Kelli seem to have settled into the new school year and are happy so far with the way things are going. Kelli and Doug’s new apartment is great and they are very happy with the area. They hope to find a house in the same general area someday. Life does go on without mom and dad after all.
I was a
On Sunday, we had Sarah’s shower and time with family. For dinner we had Roadhouse steaks! I haven’t found a good steak in China yet so this was a treat. Again, we’ll do it again at Christmas with Papa Joe!
Monday morning at 4 AM I headed back to Chengdu. My flight for Chicago left at 6 AM and I left for Shanghai at 10 AM. With the thirteen hour time difference, I arrived in Shanghai at 1:30 Tuesday. After a five hour layover, I finally got home to Chengdu at 10:30 Tuesday night. Joe was there to welcome me to our new home in Chengdu! We’re still getting settled but I already love it!
Talk soon! Love to all. See you Christmas.
2 comments:
Hey, glad you made it home safely. It was good to see you, and I know your kids were happy to have you home. Tell Joe we miss him too!
I'm glad that it worked out for you to come to my shower. It was soooo good to see you! Enjoy your vacation!
Post a Comment