Views of Shanghai from our hotel
On Wednesday night when we arrived we had dinner with a former work colleague of Joe's and his wife. She's Chinese and from Chengdu. They met and married while he was working in Chengdu and now they live in Shanghai. He is a golf buddy of Joe's when they are in Chengdu and Joe usually meets up with him when he's in Shanghai. They took us to a place where there were LOTS of tailors just waiting to make you a coat, suit or whatever! Joe had an overcoat made, cashmere! Beautiful!
I was able to meet some of the people Joe has been meeting with at lunch on Thursday. I had a wonderful, relaxing facial at the hotel spa!
On Friday we had dinner at Bubba's Texas Style BBQ! What a treat to see the Texas flag hanging on the walls of this little restaurant in Shanghai, China! We had jalepeno poppers, smoked pork ribs and smoked brisket. Although certainly not the same by any means it was still like a little bit of home! Great American music!
On Saturday, on our way to the airport, we picked up Joe's new coat. It was amazing the workmanship on this coat, made in three days! They say some places will make a coat overnight. While there, I got measured to have a jacket made. Joe will pick it up next week when he comes back for business.
Some fun things about Shanghai (randomly speaking)
There are over 200,000 expats living in Shanghai
You hear English spoken everywhere you go
There is a Staples, Mary Kay, Tony Romo's, Lawrys, Hooters (to name just a few that we actually saw)
We hear there's a Best Buy here but haven't actually seen it
There are over 13,000 high rise buildings (over 24 meters tall-a meter is 3.28 feet)
There are over 500 high rise buildings over 100 meters
Last but surely not least, there are over 100 Starbucks!
I'm sure on future trips I will be able to add lots more fun things as I actually get out and explore the city.
Have a great week! Love to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment