It's still strange to say I'm home but here I am back in China after a fast nine days with the family. Joe was so glad to see me home and I have to admit I was glad to be back home to Joe and in my own bed.
This past week went by in the blink of an eye. I will say though that I got just about everything accomplished that I needed to. My main reason for the visit was to attend wedding showers for Jay and Ashley and get my dress for the wedding. I also had to get the details worked out for the rehearsal dinner while I was home. We began my first day at Betos with Mexican food and margaritas. This has become somewhat of a tradition when coming home. It was nice to have all the kids and my parents together for some family time. I can't believe how much Talon changes each time I come back. On Saturday, I went house hunting with Jay and Ashley. We found some good prospects, put an offer on one but was turned down, so the looking continues.
On Sunday the 15th we had Ashley's first wedding shower with close friends. It was good to get a chance to visit with friends and it was a great to kick off the wedding fun. Thanks Karla and Karen for giving up your Sunday afternoon to host the shower. Jay and Ashley got some great things for their future new home.
Friends Shower given by Karla, Karen and Jade
On Monday, Kelli and I hit the stores. Our mission was to find me a dress for the wedding. We soon discovered our choices were limited in the stores but I did find something. It was a great relief to get that taken care of and not have that worry. Tuesday we went out to Rendon's General Store where we will have the rehearsal dinner. This is the same place where Kelli's and Doug's rehearsal dinner was held. It is owned by a cousin of Doug's mother, Pam. During regular hours they serve one of the best burgers you can find in the area. They were gracious enough to let us have the place to ourselves for the rehearsal dinner and we'll have a big BBQ spread.
Rendon's General Store
I had ordered the invites for the rehearsal dinner and they were waiting at the house when I arrived. I was able to get them stuffed and addressed and ready to mail while I was home. It was good to get the details taken care. Now hopefully, we can relax a little when we come in for the wedding.
On Wednesday, I spent the day with Kelli house hunting. She and Doug have the house bug and have begun their hunt for the perfect house. I know this may be the only opportunity to be a part of this process with Kelli so I enjoyed the time we had together. We didn't find the perfect house that day but had fun looking at some good prospects and weeding out what Kelli didn't like.
With my dress taken care, I hit the stores for some shopping for Joe and me. It's hard to find things for us in China in our sizes so I take advantage of the stores while home. We're going on vacation next week to Thailand and needed some things for the beach and tropical weather. I hate looking for a swimsuit but was successful in finding one.. Can't wait to get to the sun and beach! We don't get much sunshine in Chengdu and the break will be a welcome one.
On Friday, I went with Jay and Ashley to have their engagement pictures done. They were taken around downtown Fort Worth and I think they got some great shots. That night we went to a couples shower for Jay and Ashley given by Kelli and Carrie that was attended by their close friends. It was a good shower and it was nice to see these kids that I've literally seen grow up before my eyes. It's hard to believe they are now getting married and starting families.
Engagements taken around Ft. Worth - Cute couple!!!!
Couples Shower
Saturday was a family shower given by Marsha, Leigh Ann and Sarah. It was another good opportunity to visit with family and again Jay and Ashley got some great things for their new home.
Family Shower - Marsha, Ashley, Leigh Ann, Sarah
Thanks to all who gave their time to host such great showers for Jay and Ashley. I know it means a lot them and they are very appreciative of the support of family and friends. I really appreciate all you do for us.
Aunt Kelli reading to Talon - Kimi/Talon time
Sunday found me back on a few planes that got me back to Chengdu on Monday night. As always it was good to be back home for a while but it was also nice to get back "home" to Joe and China as well.
Love to all! See you in June.
3 comments:
You called me Kelly in your blog... I'm so sad :(
SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Brain Freeze. I fixed it!!
Love you
Mommy
Wow - you crammed a lot into your 1 week visit! Glad that we got to see you for a bit. :)
Post a Comment