Monday, May 31, 2010

Just a little time with the Class of 75

Our last night at home we were able to meet up with some old high school friends. We attended a BBQ in the home of an old friend. Through Facebook Joe and I have been able to reconnect with a lot of our friends from high school. Every couple of months the DHS Class of 75 gets together to have some social time and talk about great old times. They said the BBQ was the largest group so far to get together. Some of these guys I hadn't seen in many, many years and some I hadn't seen since graduation.

We've all changed in our own ways. Most of us have grown children now. Some of us are grandparents. Some of are a little heavier, some are a little grayer. Overall, everyone looked great and I was so glad we had the opportunity to attend. It was so fun to talk about old times and remember fun and crazy things we had done together.

One friend, Sherri, I still talk with from time to time. Our friendship goes back to junior high. Through the years we have gone long periods of time without talking and more recently we have tried to stay up with each other. Since we both have Blackberrys it's now a lot easier to stay in touch. Sherri travels a lot all over the world and with Joe and I in China, it's kind of nice to be able to Blackberry Messenger from anywhere in the world. It seems like no matter how long it's been since Sherri and I have talked or seen each other, we're able to pick right back up where we left off.

This year will be our 35th reunion and it's in full planning stages. People are working overtime trying to get in touch with everyone. Joe and I are hoping to get back home in September to attend.

See you all in September!

DHS Class of 75

The girls

Kathy, Sherri, Joe and Christi, our hostess


The group and their spouses

Joe looking through 1975 yearbook

Kim and Sherri
Love to all!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Thanks for the great post. It was fun!!