Sunday, May 30, 2010

Just a little bit proud! (Part I)

Joe and I finally made our way back home on the 13th of this month. It had been five months since I'd seen the family and I was ready. The trip was for the graduation of our daughter, Kelli. Kelli graduated from UNT with her Masters in Library Science. She is officially a librarian!

I am so proud of Kelli's accomplishments. Kelli began this journey while living in New York. She enrolled in the UNT online program in Library Science. When she and Doug decided to move back to Texas she continued her masters studies online with UNT while being the full-time librarian at an elementary school. It wasn't always easy working full time and continuing her studies. It paid off on Friday, May 14, 2010 when we proudly watched her walk across that stage and receive her degree. Did I mention she also maintained straight A status the whole time!?!?!

We celebrated after the graduation ceremony at Joe T Garcia's with family and friends and lots of margaritas. On Sunday we again celebrated with extended family and more friends with a cookout at Doug's and Kelli's home.

Way to go Princess. We are SO PROUD of you!

Yea! I did it!



Kelli and Doug

Ashley, Jay, Joe, Kelli, Kim

Doug, Nana, Kelli, Pam


Being seranaded at Joe T's

Celebrating at Joe T's

BBQ with friends and family

The librarian and her book cake

Watching backyard games





Kelli, Jay, Paul

Way to go Aunt Kelli!

No comments: