Wednesday, May 6, 2009

OK..It's Official..I'll Admit It..I'm Spoiled

Never thought I'd admit it. Joe tells me I am all the time. I "guess" I must be spoiled! OK? Now are you all out there H-A-P-P-Y???????

Her name is Zhong Jie. She is my part time ayi (maid). Yes, that's right I've finally taken the plunge. My friends here thought I was crazy for not having an ayi. It's just what you do here. I thought I was being practical since I don't really do much of anything else. But my social calendar with my friends has gotten PRETTY busy here lately.

A couple of weeks ago the opportunity landed in my lap. One of my friends agreed to share her ayi so how could I refuse! She's experienced and used to working for an expat family.

Zhong Jie comes Monday afternoons, Wednesday and Thursday mornings. She does the dusting, floor cleaning, mopping, makes the bed, straightens my shoes in my closet, cleans the bathrooms, cleans the kitchen, sweeps the garage, patio and front porch, does laundry and MOST importantly irons Joe's dress shirts. I don't think my shower door or my kitchen has ever been so clean. She cleans all the appliances, counters, even the spice rack! She even cleaned my windows inside and out! I think I'm in love!

I start Chinese lessons on Thursday so I'm hoping I can learn some words that will help me in my communication with Zhong Jie around the house. Wish me luck!

Love you all! See you soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI - Kimi has elevated beyond Domestic Goddess, she is now referred to as Empress Kimi here in the 3 Kingdoms of China.

Papajoe

Kim said...

HA HA

Anonymous said...

just FYI...you still have the guest room when you come back to Texas to visit...don't expect me to cater to Empress Kimi!

Love yall!

Jay

Douglas said...

All you need now is someone to sleep and urinate for you and you'll be completely done of any responsibility....ALMOST THERE!

Sarah said...

Sounds like you've got it made, woman! We'll be lucky to ever get you back home. Joe will have to drag you kicking and screaming!