Last Thursday, it was such a beautiful day that we decided to get out to see some of Chengdu we haven’t yet explored. I like to call these outings field trips. I'm compiling a list of things to see and do in and around Chengdu and I'm hoping that Joe and I can get out once or twice a month. Wenshu Monastery and Wenshu Fang (shopping street adjacent to the monastery) was a good choice. With people still on holiday for the Chinese New Year, it turned out to be quite a gathering place for shoppers, those interested in the various street food vendors and those going to the temples to worship.
Wenshu Monastery dates back to the Tang Dynasty (618-907) and is full of beautiful gardens to walk, many temples and places of meditation and over 300 Budda statues of various materials. It also houses many cultural relics from the Tang and Song Dynasties. There are paintings, calligraphy and other artwork to see.
Visiting places like this around China have been an interesting way to explore the history of this amazing country. I’m in awe at the preservation of buildings and the various pieces of Chinese history and culture that date back many thousands of years in some cases.
Love to all!
Wenshu Monastery dates back to the Tang Dynasty (618-907) and is full of beautiful gardens to walk, many temples and places of meditation and over 300 Budda statues of various materials. It also houses many cultural relics from the Tang and Song Dynasties. There are paintings, calligraphy and other artwork to see.
Visiting places like this around China have been an interesting way to explore the history of this amazing country. I’m in awe at the preservation of buildings and the various pieces of Chinese history and culture that date back many thousands of years in some cases.
Love to all!



No comments:
Post a Comment