Tuesday, May 20, 2008

An Update

Here's another update from Joe:

Well, it’s been a new experience for me so far in Chengdu, China. I have had the opportunity of witnessing several aftershocks ranging from 5.0 to 6.0 magnitude the last several nights. In fact, last night (Monday) around 11:45pm the front desk called and asked me to come down to the lobby immediately. When I asked why she explained that the government had issued a severe earthquake warning for a 7.0 magnitude quake in Chengdu. So, along with the other guests I found a couch in the lobby lounge and tried to make myself comfortable. Like you can get comfortable with a lot of people talking, mostly in Chinese, and the thought of a pending earthquake. I made due and was able to fall a sleep around 2:30am. I woke up at 5:00am and everything was still in place so I decided to make my way back to the room to catch a few more hours of sleep.

The government is still warning the city of Chengdu of the potential quake.

As Kim mentioned in the previous post, for the next two days, say a prayer for the victims of the Sichuan earthquake. The time of the quake was 2:28pm, that’s 1:28am your time, but I think the good Lord will listen no matter what time you decide to say your prayer.


More to follow.

No comments: