Saturday, May 10, 2008

Gone Again

Joe left today for another three weeks in China. On this trip he hopes to finalize the new office space and oversee the start of construction of the space. He is also going to look at some more possibilities for housing for us. Hopefully by the end of the next week or so we will have a new home picked out!

For those of you that don't know Kelli and Doug are moving back home. Kelli will be here on the 15th and Doug will follow the next week. This homecoming is bittersweet since Joe and I will be leaving shortly after Kelli and Doug get settled back here. I feel better about the move knowing that all my family will be close by and able to rely on each other for strength and support during this transition. It will be great having Kelli here to help me get things done around the house in preparation of the move. We have seventeen years of memories in our home (not including what we actually transported from the attic of our first home to the current attic) and Joe and I have already found out how difficult it is to go through everything. For me it's a hard decision on what to keep and what to throw out because I'm so sentimental. With Kelli here she'll keep me on track!

I'm in my last days of my job that I've had since 1995 at the university. I will miss the students and people in my office more than I ever thought I would. I've never been one to actually want to have a job so it's surprising how hard it is to leave. I hope I have been able to actually have some impact on the students I have advised over the past years.

The next year will bring a lot of exciting changes for us with our move, Kelli and Doug coming home, Jay's and Ashley's wedding and of course, missing being here with Paul and Candice watching Talon who continues to grow and change on a daily basis. Again I will ask you all to keep our family in your prayers. God bless you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to get home... Looks like I've got my work cut out for me :)

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you were in the air when that Earthquake hit... You left out the fact that you were going to be living on a fault line!
How am supposed to get Ashley to visit now?