It is now Wednesday, July 23, 2008 at 11:50 am. It's hard to believe I am now a resident of Chengdu, China! I don't think reality has sunk in yet.
Travel here was very comfortable (first class!) and seemed to go by very quickly. We spent one night in Beijing before going on the Chengdu. We were able to do some shopping in Beijing before departing. Joe got some golf equipment he had wanted.
So far my days in Chengdu have been very light. On Tuesday, I relaxed and did workout in the hotel gym. Not much for me to do right now. We enjoyed a Mexican dinner and margaritas last night for dinner.
Our hotel we're staying in is very beautiful. We'll probably be here for about a month. This will depend on how quickly we can come to an agreement on a home. I'm supposed to go see the houses in the next day or so. I know life won't be any type of normal for me until we have our home. In the meantime, hotel life is pretty good!





Joe is busy getting things done with the new office and setting up bank accounts for the business and our personal one. A guy from the company traveled over with us and is setting up the computer systems for the new offices.
Tomorrow we will interview drivers and we should have our car next week.
Our good byes were a little easier that I thought they would be. I'm proud of my family and how they have handled this move. I'm sure they held back their emotions, as did I, but I'm still glad things went easy for us on our departure. I miss my family but know they will be fine. I have already enjoyed talking with them on Skype and that alone has made things easier. Hopefully we will be able to get Mom and Dad set up soon so I can see and talk with them as well.
Our last week at home was a very memorable one. We celebrated Kelli's birthday and had a "Something Party". Get details from the kids, it was an interesting experience. Leave it to Doug to find something new and exciting to do. The rest of the week was spent with family time that I will treasure forever. I don't think we have spent that much time as a family in a very long time. We took some new family pics (see below).






Love to you all. Will post again soon! Keep us in your prayers.
Travel here was very comfortable (first class!) and seemed to go by very quickly. We spent one night in Beijing before going on the Chengdu. We were able to do some shopping in Beijing before departing. Joe got some golf equipment he had wanted.
So far my days in Chengdu have been very light. On Tuesday, I relaxed and did workout in the hotel gym. Not much for me to do right now. We enjoyed a Mexican dinner and margaritas last night for dinner.
Our hotel we're staying in is very beautiful. We'll probably be here for about a month. This will depend on how quickly we can come to an agreement on a home. I'm supposed to go see the houses in the next day or so. I know life won't be any type of normal for me until we have our home. In the meantime, hotel life is pretty good!
Joe is busy getting things done with the new office and setting up bank accounts for the business and our personal one. A guy from the company traveled over with us and is setting up the computer systems for the new offices.
Tomorrow we will interview drivers and we should have our car next week.
Our good byes were a little easier that I thought they would be. I'm proud of my family and how they have handled this move. I'm sure they held back their emotions, as did I, but I'm still glad things went easy for us on our departure. I miss my family but know they will be fine. I have already enjoyed talking with them on Skype and that alone has made things easier. Hopefully we will be able to get Mom and Dad set up soon so I can see and talk with them as well.
Our last week at home was a very memorable one. We celebrated Kelli's birthday and had a "Something Party". Get details from the kids, it was an interesting experience. Leave it to Doug to find something new and exciting to do. The rest of the week was spent with family time that I will treasure forever. I don't think we have spent that much time as a family in a very long time. We took some new family pics (see below).
Love to you all. Will post again soon! Keep us in your prayers.
8 comments:
skype is a great thing...it has definitely made things easier for me! I couldn't imagine life without it now. Love you guys!
Thanks for the update... I check EVERY day and today my eyes lit up.
Miss you both terribly. Can't wait to start planning our trip there :)
I'm so glad that you made it there safely (and comfortably!). Looks like your living the high life, my friend. Enjoy! We miss you guys already!
PS Those family pics are great. Everyone is smiling perfectly. As for the crazy pic - that's more typical Ylda, if you ask me. :)
I totally agree with Kelli.. I check it every day too.. and was waiting for the first "official: I'm in China" post! The hotel looks pretty awesome.. just think of it as a nice vacation until you find your new home. Love you guys, and miss you!
GLAD YOUR TRIP WENT WELL. I KNOW YOU WILL FEEL BETTER WHEN YOU ARE IN YOUR OWN PLACE. HOPEFULLY THAT WILL COME SOON. JOE I AM HAPPY THINGS ARE GOING WELL AT WORK. WE ENJOY HEARING FROM YOU ON THE BLOG.
hAVE FUN ITS AN EXPERIENCE OF A LIFE TIME
I AM GETTING MORE AND MORE CHINESE THINGS THROUGH E MAIL, I WILL SEND THE LATEST
Enjoy Life be happy together,We miss you but you will see how fast time goes by.Love you guys and will be checking the blog regularly.God Bless You all.
Glad the trip over was so smooth, and you get to live the life of luxury in that hotel for awhile.
Think of you often, know you will have fabulous experiences! Good Luck.
Janine & Dave
It's time for a new blog already!
Post a Comment