Saturday we had the opportunity to see a lot of old and dear friends. This was our chance to say so long for now before the move. I don't think we have ever had such a diverse group of people in our home. We had old neighborhood friends (many great parties were had with these people), old church friends, old school friends, old friends we've met through the years of our kids playing sports and various other activities, friends of our kids, work friends and of course, dear family members.
Many thanks to Kelli for putting it all together and for all of those who helped her make it a success. Thank you to all who came and for being the great friends to Joe and I both that you've been through the years. We did our best to get to everyone and spend some time with you all. I apologize if we missed someone but please know that you are far from forgotten. I hope you will all know that you came into our lives for a purpose and the impact you have left will be with us forever. In addition to family, your friendships will give our kids the support they need while we are away. Someone wrote on the photo frame "Make new friends, but keep old ones, One is silver, but the other is gold". I know that we will make new friends as we depart on this new stage in our life, but I also find comfort in knowing that we will also have old, dear friends when we return.
I thank God for what each of you have brought to our lives over the past years. You will always be welcome in our home, wherever that may be. But please, please come see us in China! Your bed will always be waiting!
We love you all. Please pray for us and our family.
Thanks Si for the great pics!
Many thanks to Kelli for putting it all together and for all of those who helped her make it a success. Thank you to all who came and for being the great friends to Joe and I both that you've been through the years. We did our best to get to everyone and spend some time with you all. I apologize if we missed someone but please know that you are far from forgotten. I hope you will all know that you came into our lives for a purpose and the impact you have left will be with us forever. In addition to family, your friendships will give our kids the support they need while we are away. Someone wrote on the photo frame "Make new friends, but keep old ones, One is silver, but the other is gold". I know that we will make new friends as we depart on this new stage in our life, but I also find comfort in knowing that we will also have old, dear friends when we return.
I thank God for what each of you have brought to our lives over the past years. You will always be welcome in our home, wherever that may be. But please, please come see us in China! Your bed will always be waiting!
We love you all. Please pray for us and our family.
Thanks Si for the great pics!
No comments:
Post a Comment