Monday, March 7, 2011

Just a Little Minute to Win It . . . Chengdu Style!

As I have mentioned before, we are fortunate to have met some wonderful people here in Chengdu who I believe will be lifelong friends.  We live in a neighborhood with most of them and our Saturday nights are spent in their company.  We go to different homes almost every week.  Joe and I really enjoy these times with these amazing people.  It takes us back to a time in our old neighborhood when we would spend our weekends with the great friends we had there.

Last Saturday was our turn to host the group.  On any given Saturday night, we may have anywhere from 14-20 people in one home.  Our home is a little smaller than some of the others so when we had 16 people over for dinner, we were a little jammed in.

We had homemade chili, chicken fajitas, dessert and of course, any kind of drink you could imagine.  With borrowed tables and chairs and were able to seat everyone for dinner. 

Most times the guys will play pool, the ladies watch movies, play cards or mahjong.   Some nights we play crazy group games.  It varies from house to house.

Saturday night was Minute to Win It night at the Ylda's!  Joe was the emcee, I was his hostess.  We put all names in a hat and drew two-man teams.  The games were - M&Ms Suck!, Face the Cookie, Ready Spaghetti and A Bit Dicey.  We had a fun-filled evening with lots of laughing.  We even had trophies for the wining team.  All of our kids would have been proud of their middle aged parents!

Enjoy the slide show.  I can't wait until we do it again!

Love to all!

1 comment:

Wanda Shirley said...

Looks like you'all had great fun. Would love to be there!!!!