Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Just a little visit . . .

Hi all from GP! I'm home this week for a little visit. Talon will turn three tomorrow and we'll celebrate with a party on Saturday. Sarah's baby shower is on Sunday so I should get lots of family time this week.

I left Friday morning at 9:45 from Chengdu to Shanghai (about 2 1/2 hours), then a 4:10 PM flight from Shanghai to Chicago. The Shanghai/Chicago flight got in Friday afternoon at 4:50 and I left Chicago at 6:30 and got into to DFW at 8:55 Friday night. Just imagine your day being about 36 hours long! When I finally got into DFW it's already Saturday morning in Chengdu. It's hard to figure out when to sleep on the long leg of the journey (I think got 2 or 3 hours) and by the time I felt like I was really tired, we were almost to DFW.

It was good to see the kids and my mom and dad. Talon has grown and is talking up a storm. I was glad he had not forgotten "Kimi". It was hard to talk with Joe back in China. The kids and I called him on Skype Friday night when I got in and he already looked lonely. I know this week will fly by. Hopefully by the time I get back, Joe will have us moved into our new home.

Kelli and I wasted no time in catching up on some mom/daughter shopping time. I didn't realize how much I missed my shopping buddy. We got birthday and baby shopping out of the way and were already talking about things for Christmas. I still haven't quite figured out how I'm going to get all my shopping done.

I'm sure the rest of the week will be hectic trying to catch up with mail and things at home. I still have some things to finish up around the house since we didn't get everything done before we left in July. I'll try to see or talk with as many people as I can fit into my schedule. If you get a chance give me a call, I'd love to hear from you all!

Love to all, miss you Joseph! See you next Tuesday!

No comments: